Reflections at Cascades Verdae
Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care in Greenville, SC
Reflections is an industry leading person-centered approach to Memory Care. Focusing on social, wellness and mental engagement, we meet loved ones where they are.
Cascades Verdae is a Greenville, SC Alzheimer’s & Dementia Memory Care community. Residents flourish in an upscale setting with industry best care, and personalized programming that engages their mind and body. And as a full continuum of care, CCRC, you will never have to go through a move again.
We know caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be difficult. Our approach gives family members peace-of-mind, while providing a platform for loved ones to grow and thrive. By participating in our Wellness Program, members gain access to WAVES, an Argentum 2010 “Best of the Best” award winner. WAVES combines the therapeutic benefits of warm water with low-impact, aerobic activity as skilled caregivers guide residents through a series of exercises. The program has been shown to reduce anxiety, and improve appetite and sleeping patterns for participants.
Specialized Dementia Training
It is important to have the necessary tools to provide for people living with dementia. That is why our team members in Reflections, are Certified Dementia Practitioners™. Dementia is one of the hardest diseases to effectively manage and if you are not properly trained it’s near impossible to provide great care.Certification Topics:
- Staff and Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Depression and repetitive behaviors
- Spiritual Care and End of Life Issues
- Paranoia, Hallucinations, Wanderings & Hoarding
- Aggressive Behaviors, Catastrophic Reactions, Intimacy & Sexuality
- Personal Care: Pain, Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Nutrition, Falls & Sleep Disturbance
Memory Care Pricing
We believe that you shouldn’t have to worry about various “levels of care” or “points” like many communities charge. With Level of Care Pricing, your rate could increase at any moment as a result of increased care. The most challenging part of this type of pricing model for a consumer is that your monthly fees could change without any notice which makes it difficult to budget adequately. Therefore, we believe understanding your bill should be the least of your worries. That is why there are no hidden fees; no surprise charges.
This means that you will pay one rate for all your care while in Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Memory Care Floorplans & Pricing
WAVES received the Best of the Best Award from Argentum, the nation’s largest senior living association, celebrating its outstanding achievements in Alzheimer’s programming. WAVES is an aquatic-based experience, led in our heated indoor therapy pool, giving our members a safe and fun way to exercise.
- The combination of warm, therapeutic water and low-impact aerobic activity can reduce anxiety and stress while providing a healthy outlet for excess energy.
- Members who participate in the program may enjoy improved strength & balance, appetites, better sleeping patterns and a stronger bond with their caregivers.
- We do things differently here, and we don’t settle for ordinary outcomes.
- We believe everyone can live a higher quality of life with wellness.
Memory Care Services
Cascades Verdae offers additional services and amenities such as:
- Providing care in a luxury apartment home
- Developing a curated social and dining lifestyle that encourages families to visit often
- Offering an all-inclusive, transparent pricing model that’s easy to understand and allows our families to plan long-term
- Housing a continuum of services under one roof so future moves can be avoided
- CDP certified team members wear special uniforms for easy identification
- Alzheimer’s support groups, open to the public
Living With Alzheimer’s and Dementia
A Blog Series
Understanding that your loved one may have a form of dementia can be a difficult and trying time. While there is no single test that can diagnose a person, it’s vital to identify and become aware of the symptoms attributed to dementia. There are various cases of dementia and on average, Alzheimer’s accounts for 60 to 80 percent of cases, while Vascular dementia (which occurs after a stroke) is the second most common form.
To learn more about dementia care, check out our blog series covering everything from Identifying Alzheimer’s to Making a Successful Transition into Memory Care.